Tuesday morning, the Parks Department erected a sign with the hours of use including prohibited activity at Elerson Park. This sign is located at the walkway entering the park since there is no actual parking lot.
If rhere are individuals disturbing the neighborhood after hours at the park, please contact Dispatch at the non-emergency number (972-223-6111).
Hello Chapel Hill,
We are planning a neighborhood garage sale for Saturday, July 15th. We will be submitting an application to the City and need to include the names and address of those who plan to participate. Please send us a message through our Contact Us page by June 30th.
During our last Community Meeting, it was brought to our attention that there were some alley lights that need bulbs replaced. Oncor Electric has an online report form to report any street light outage.
Please click the link below to get to the website. We have also placed the link in our “Links” section on the right side of our homepage.
The Chapel Hill HOA board thanks all of those who attended the quarterly community meeting on April 8th. We will be posting notes and additional resources on the website soon.
The HOA Board invites you to our quarterly community meeting.
When: Saturday, April 8th
Time: 11 am
Where: MetroSouthwinds Fellowship Church (across the street on Belt Line Rd)
We plan to discuss:
- Our community and moving forward in 2017
- Treasury report
- HOA dues
- Community activities
- Community relations
- Community discounts from local businesses
- Website and communications
- Board member elections and committee volunteers
If you have questions, you can submit them through the Contact Us page
call Kim Mackey, HOA Secretary at 469-487-3881
We would also like to hear from you regarding community meeting times and concerns you would like the Board to address. Please visit the link below to let us know your time preference for the future.
Dear Chapel Hill Residents:
We trust that you had a good holiday season and looking forward to a great 2017.
It’s that time of year again. Your association dues for 2017 are now due. The necessities required for the up keep and betterment of our community are funded through the dues we collect. You can help just by paying your 2017 dues of only $55.00. As advised in previous letters the HOA does have the authority to place liens on properties with outstanding HOA fees. Please be advised that delinquent homeowners will be receiving a letter from our attorney stating that liens are being attached to properties with outstanding balances as of February 28th. If you have any outstanding fees please pay those by the due date on your 2017 invoice or make payment arrangements. You may do so by calling Mr. Ronnie Robertson at 469-371-5963 or myself at 214-284-3972. You will be sent a written agreement.
- The Chapel Hill Homeowner’s Association was formed to oversee the well-being of the community. The HOA’s task is to:
- To aid in the enforcement of the Covenants and Restrictions;
- To provide a collective voice in matters of personal or public concern as they relate to conditions in the Community;
- To be an active and supporting organization of the Community by seeking adherence to city and county ordinances and codes and having a representative voice in the Community on matters regarding the Community as a whole;
- To keep Chapel Hill a community in which its Members are proud to live by preserving the quality and integrity of the neighborhood through adherence to the Covenants and Restrictions as well as promoting beautification of the Community;
- To improve neighborhood relations; to provide a healthful, dynamic and safe environment for the Community.
Your association has been working hard over the past several years to do all of the above and more. We invite you to become an active member of the HOA. You can perhaps become a Board Member or join a committee. We would like 2017 to be a year of renewed interest and planned activities for the whole community.
Please make your check payable to the Chapel Hill Homeowner’s Association, P.O.Box 3006, Desoto, Texas 75123.
Chapel Hill HOA Board
Ronnie Robinson, Acting HOA President
Kimberly Mackey, Secretary
Nat Tate, Treasurer
Anna Tate, Assistant Treasurer
Hello Chapel Hill neighbors,
This is a reminder that your nominations for best decorated home are due on Friday, Dec. 16th. We have received nominations so far for two homes on Devonshire and one home on Carriage Creek.
Please either leave a comment below or send an email to us through the Contact Us page.
We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. You may have seen that the HOA Board began decorating the entryway on Belt Line Rd.
This year, the Chapel Hill Board would like to host a holiday decoration competition, with a $50 gift card awarded to the best decorated home. We are asking residents to send nominations by December 16th. You can either comment below with the address you are nominating, or send your nomination to email@example.com with a picture and address.
Happy Holidays and happy decorating!
Good afternoon Neighbors,
It’s that time of year again to decorate for the holidays. Your HOA has made sure to decorate the entryway on Belt Line Rd each year, and would like to do so again this year. We own the Christmas lights, however, the costs to pay for installation are more than our budget can afford. We would like the community to volunteer to help decorate the entryway on November 19th. Specific times will be announced later. If you are interested, please leave a comment below or send us a message through our Contact Us page.
The HOA Board invites you to our quarterly community meeting
When: Saturday, October 15th
Where: Metrosouthwinds Fellowship Church (across the street on Belt Line)
We plan to discuss:
- What your needs are as homeowners and how we can better serve you
- Our Treasurer’s Report (see yearly expenses below)
- Dues and lien notices for the new year
- Presentation from Liberty Mutual
- Presentation from Solar City and your solar power neighbors
- How you can participate on the board (volunteer President, etc.)
You may submit questions through our Contact Us page or call Kim Mackey @ 469-487-3881
Annual Expenses: fixed fees unless otherwise noted
Bank Fees: $228
TXU Electricity: $552
Lawn care: $640
Desoto Water Utilities: $1,067.43 (anomaly due to broken water line. Ave should be $540)
Office Depot (printing): $125 (approximate)
Dallas County taxes: $53
Church fee: $200
Miscellaneous: $200 (approximate)