You Can Go Solar

Hey neighbors,

Everyone knows solar panels are pricey, but most don’t know that you can get solar panels with no upfront cost with a solar lease or power purchase agreement (PPA).

If you are a TXU, Reliant, or Green Mountain Energy customer, you can be paid for the energy your panels produce that you don’t use. If you aren’t a customer, you can always switch.

NRG and Solar City offer lease or PPA programs. However, starting May 1st, the energy rates for the electricity that is not produced by the panels will increase. You can lock in rates if you sign an agreement before May 1st.

For NRG, call 888-255-7785

For Solar City, call 888-765-2489 ext 8901



Community Meeting April 26th

Hello Neighbors,

Please don’t forget about the community meeting this Saturday, April 26th at Metro South Winds Fellowship Church on Belt Line Rd.

Below is a flyer you should have received earlier this week.

Community Meeting Flyer

We hope to see you all there, and please don’t forget to complete the community survey if you haven’t done so already.

Landscaping Updates

Hopefully you have noticed the changes to the entryway on Belt Line Rd. We had the old shrubs removed and hope to get beautiful roses and flowers planted on Monday.

This project is paid for in part by a grant from the City of DeSoto. We have also applied for a grant to install irrigation and complete landscaping at the Cockrell Hill entryway.

We hope to see you all at the April 26th meeting at 11 a.m.

entry2 enrty1

DeSoto ISD sets dates for pre-K, kindergarten registration

If you have children who will be 4 or 5 years old in September, DeSoto is hold registration for pre-K and kindergarten from April 15th -17th, and May 6th-8th in the Bluebonnet Room at the Town Center.


Students are eligible for pre-K registration if they are 4 on or before Sept. 1 and the family qualifies for free- or reduced-meal programs. Other criteria for eligibility include if students are unable to speak or comprehend English or if they are children of active-duty members of the military or military members who were injured or killed in the line of duty.

Bring birth certificates, shot records, social security card, proof of address, and parent’s driver’s license.